Template:Infobox/Naruto/Genetic <section begin=summary />Explosion Release (爆遁, Bakuton, Viz: Explosive Style) is a combined nature transformation kekkei genkai suggested to be made up of techniques that mix earth and lightning-based chakra[Notes 1] to give the wielder the ability to utilise explosive chakra in combat.<section end=summary /> It was seemingly common to members of Iwagakure's Explosion Corps.
- Deidara uses Explosion Release in his Explosive Clay. He infuses his clay with explosive chakra, creating bombs of varying size and forms.
- Gari uses Explosion Release in conjunction with taijutsu, allowing him to deliver punches that causes everything they hit to explode from the inside. In the anime, he can also use it on the ground to create a shockwave of upturned earth and debris to throw the enemy off balance. He also uses a less-destructive version of this technique, creating a puff of smoke instead of an explosion.
- In Sasuke Shinden, Sasuke encounters a man using Explosion Release being controlled by a genjutsu; it isn't clear if the man originates from Kumogakure or Kirigakure. Like Gari, the man uses Explosion Release to create an explosion wherever his punches connect. Like Deidara's clay, the man's attacks are easily nullified with Lightning Release.
References and Notes
- ↑ Since Earth Release is stated to be a component of Lava Release (along with Fire), Magnet Release (along with Wind), and Wood Release (along with Water), Lightning Release is the only element available for a combination with Earth Release.
- ↑ Naruto chapter 361, page 13-14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 526, page 13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 513, page 13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 522, page 12-13
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 285
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 284